The internet is a wealth of information – so much so that sometimes locating quality websites can be challenging. That’s why our staff has taken the time to find a few links to share with you that we think you’ll find helpful:
Client Pet Health Information
- Guide to Dog Adoption – Dog Adoption Guide to choose the right dog for your family.
- How To Stop Puppy Biting – Puppy and dog bite prevention, education and training tools.
- Cat Friendly Practice – the American Association of Feline Practitioners veterinarians passionate about the care of cat.
- Cat Friendly Homes – is dedicated to cat caregivers who want to provide the very best care for their cat from AAFP.
- Feline Health Center – Cornell A variety of cat related health topics.
- Indoor Pet Initiative – Essential needs for indoor cats; behavior, nutrition, training, special needs.
- Pet Dentistry – Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC®) Seal of Acceptance – Veterinary Oral Health Council VOHC for your pet oral health.
- Pet Health Network – Answers from veterinarians about your pet’s health, behavior, and car.
- Worms and Germs – Promoting safe pet Ownership covers animal health and diseases published by the Ontario Veterinary College Center for Public Health and Zoonotic Diseases
- The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- The BC Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Royal Canin Pet Foods – Tailored nutrition to help cats and dogs live their healthiest lives, who are on a maintenance diet or have medical diseases that can be better treated through specific nutrition.
- Hill’s Pet Food – Hill’s Nutritional Health Management for your pet.
- www.balanceit.com – This website was developed by Board Certified Veterinary nutritionists from the University of California, Davis Veterinary Medicine School, designing nutritional home-made diets.
- Hiliary’s Blend Complete and Balanced – Hiliary Watson, a Certified Pet Nutritionist in Canada, has formulated supplements for cat and dog Owners who like to make their pet’s homemade diets. These supplements ensure their pets are receiving complete and well balanced nutrition to meet their daily health needs.
- www.petdiets.com — Veterinarian, Dr. Rebecca Remillard provides a service to pet owner’s to help them formulate home made balanced diets.
- BC Pet Registry – register your pet’s microchip, tattoo or license in BC
- getmeHOME – Rabies Tags registration and lost and found.
- 24Pet Watch Microchip ID and Lost Pet Services – 24Pet Watch is dedicated to the health, welfare and the safe return of your pet back home to you.
- Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley – Providing 24hr emergency and critical care services to cats and dogs in the Fraser Valley. This is the hospital we recommend our Clientele to take their pets to for after hours care.
- The ASPCA Poison Control in Canada
- Pet Poison Helpline – Pet Poison Emergency Call Center
A wealth of resources from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), including pet care resources, information on breed, behavior, disease, animal bond, nutrition, pet care tips, preventive care info, adoption, relocation and travel tips, as well as a section dedicated to children, which contains a variety of fun animal-related games and activities
The Veterinary Partner website provides pet owners with information about general pet health and care, nutrition, behavior, first aid and emergency preparedness, medications and various medical conditions. Whatever you’re looking for, if it’s information that will make your pet happier and healthier, you’ll find it here! Try browsing around in the Pet Connection with nationally syndicated pet expert and author Gina Spadafori. You can even submit your question to be answered by a veterinary professional.
Petplace.com is the premier web destination for people who love their animal companions. More than 85 veterinarians, including many veterinary specialists, have written for Petplace.com, building an ever-growing library of over 10,000 veterinarian approved articles to peruse and select from. Petplace offers the most comprehensive resource for pet health and wellness articles, as well as over 4,000 heartwarming pet stories that will make you, laugh, cry and feel good inside. If you are “PetCrazy”, then Petplace.com is for you!
This is an excellent online resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center provides a helpful quick reference list of common plants that are known to be poisonous to pets. It also provides further information regarding symptoms and the degree of toxicity.
The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement is a group of compassionate volunteers who are professionally trained in pet bereavement counseling. The APLB is unique, and its services are free and available to anyone grieving a beloved pet. The website incorporates the collective wisdom and experience of all of the members of the online community. It offers a wealth of information and resources meant to assist in dealing with the grief of losing a pet.